veg handi recipe | mixed vegetable handi recipe | veg diwani hand recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. a very nice vegetable with mild creamy gravy. i have given the recipe a nice flavour and aroma by marinating the vegetables in thick yoghurt. this curry tastes great when served with tandoori roti, naan and with jeera rice for both dinner and lunch.
veg handi recipe | mixed vegetable handi recipe | veg diwani hand recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. the authentic recipe used to be prepared in a large mouthed earthen pot handi, but with the time and changing cooking techniques, people started preparing the curry in a normal kitchen vessel. but this recipe gives the same taste. you can skip the marinating process if you want, but marinated vegetables give very nice flavour to the curry.
variations are always seen everywhere and so with this curry recipe as well. gravy can be prepared as onion-tomato gravy or rich cashew nut based gravy. here, in this recipe i have tried to prepare the curry in a simple way with the easily available ingredients in our kitchen. vegetables in this curry can be used as per the availability in your refrigerator. instead of marinating the vegetables, you can just steam vegetables and add to the curry gravy. you can add cashew paste or cream to make the gravy rich and creamy.
i would like to introduce you to my other indian curries recipe from my blog. in particular recipes like chole masala recipe, veg jaipuri recipe, veg kolhapuri recipe, corn capsicum masala recipe and veg makhanwala recipe.
veg handi recipe | mixed vegetable handi recipe | veg diwani handi video recipe:
veg handi recipe | mixed vegetable handi recipe | veg diwani handi recipe card:
- 1 cup boiled mixed vegetables (cauliflower, french beans, carrot, peas, red and yellow bell peppers)
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder / mari powder
- 1 pinch garam masala
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup thick yoghurt / thick dahi
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 onion, finely grated in mirchi cutter
- 2 tomatoes, grated in mirchi cutter
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder / dhaniya powder / dhana jeeru
- ½ tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds powder, roasted
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp cream
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- take a bowl and add boiled vegetables .
- then add all the dry ingredients; chaat masala, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, garam masala and salt.
- now add thick yoghurt and mix properly.
- cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate it for an hour.
- heat butter and oil in a pan.
- now add ginger-garlic paste satue till raw smell disappears.
- then add grated onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- now add tomatoes and saute til oil leaves the pan.
- now add all dry spices; turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, roasted cumin seeds powder and salt.
- add ½ - 1cup water to adjust the consistency and mix well.
- then add tomato ketchup and cream and saute for a minute.
- finally add kasuri methi and mix well.
- veg handi is ready to serve.
- after marinating, refrigerate the vegetables for at least an hour.
- par boil the vegetables and add salt and ½ tsp sugar while boiling.
- veg handi taste great with roti or naan.
veg handi recipe | mixed vegetable handi recipe | veg diwani handi with step by step photo recipe:
- take a bowl and add boiled vegetables.
2. now add chaat masala, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, garam masala and salt to taste.
3. then add thick yoghurt and mix well.
4. cover and refrigerate for one hour.
for veg handi:
- heat oil and butter in a pan.
2. add ginger-garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
3. add grated onions and saute for 2 minutes.
4. add chopped tomatoes and cook till the oil leaves the oil.
5. now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and roasted cumin seeds powder. mix well and saute for a minute so that masala gets cooked.
6. then add marinated vegetables and water and mix.
7. add tomato ketchup and cream.
8. add water to adjust the gravy consistency.
9. then add coriander leaves and kasuri methi and mix well.
10. veg handi is ready to serve with roti or naan or steamed rice.