veg curry buns recipe | veg curry roll recipe | veg stuffed buns recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. it is basically cooked vegetables with some spices added to hot dog buns.
veg curry buns recipe | veg curry roll recipe | veg stuffed buns recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. these buns can be considered as a wholesome meal. veg curry buns are ideal for breakfast or lunchbox / tiffin treats. moreover, the recipe is easy and quick to prepare and it is so mouth-watering that everyone will enjoy this.
i had hot dog buns at my place and was wondering what to cook so it can be used for the tiffin, the next morning. so i just thought of cooking some curry with vegetables in my fridge and adding it to the buns and make it indian flavoured masala buns. it can be prepared for party menu as kids too are going to love this as we will top it with cheese.
as we have used lots of vegetables in the veg curry rolls, there are good nutritious and healthy too. for tiffins, you can just wrap it in an aluminium foil and pack in the lunch box.
at last, if you are looking for some more tiffin recipes, check out my other related posts, especially, no bake cranberry peanut bars, methi matar paneer paratha recipe and mysore masala pockets recipe. i also suggest you have a look at my pav bhaji recipe, cheesy corn croquettes recipe and veg steamed momos recipe.
veg curry buns recipe | veg curry roll recipe | veg stuffed buns video recipe:
veg curry buns recipe | veg curry roll recipe | veg stuffed buns recipe card:
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated fat: 0
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 390mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 2g
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1½ cups boiled vegetables of your choice (carrots, beans, cauliflower, peas & potatoes)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1½ tbsp pav bhaji masala / garam masala / curry powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp processed cheese, grated
- 6 hot dog buns
- butter to saute
- ! for garnishing:
- cheese & coriander leaves
- heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- once cumin seeds putter, add ginger garlic paste and saute till it turns translucent.
- now add onions and saute till translucent.
- then add cabbage, capsicum and saute till crunchy.
- further add tomatoes, red chili powder, pav bhaji powder and salt to taste.
- mix well and saute for a minute.
- now add boiled mixed vegetables of your choice, half of the coriander leaves, water and mix well.
- then cover and cook vegetables on simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- using masher, now mash the vegetables lightly.
- now add remaining coriander leaves, cheese and lime juice.
- finally, mix well and keep aside.
- first of all, give a slit to the bun from from centre top.
- then pull out some bread from the centre to create a gap.
- now add the stuffing generously in the gap created in the bun.
- then heat the tawa and apply little butter on it.
- roast the buns from all the four sides properly.
- finally sprinkle some cheese, coriander leaves and serve hot.
- for masala you can use garam masala or curry powder or pav bhaji masala.
- do not over boil the vegetables, juts par boil the vegetables.
- adding cheese is optional.
- adding more coriander leaves will give nice flavour and aroma to the veg curry buns.
veg curry buns recipe | veg curry roll recipe | veg stuffed buns with step by step photo recipe:
- first of all, heat the pan, add oil and cumin seeds to it.
2. once it sputter, add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
3. now add chopped onions and saute till translucent.
4. then add cabbage, capsicum and saute till it turns crunchy.
5. now add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
6. saute for a minutes and let masalas get cooked.
7. the add boiled mixed vegetables, coriander leaves, water and mix well.
8. now cover and cook on simmer for 8-10 minutes.
9. now mash vegetables lightly using masher.
10. then add coriander leaves, grated cheese and lime juice.
11. mix well and keep aside.
for veg curry buns:
- now give a slit in to the centre top of the bun.
2. open little and remove some bread from inside to create a gap.
3. now fill in the prepared stuffing generously in the gap.
4. then heat a tawa and apply little butter on it.
5. roast the bun properly from all four sides.
6. sprinkle some cheese, coriander leaves and serve hot.