shahi paneer recipe | restaurant style shahi paneer recipe | how to make shahi paneer recipe with detailed pics and video recipe. extremely popular north indian curry recipe prepared with tomato based gravy and made rich and creamy by using cream and cashew nut paste to the gravy. the curry can be served with naan, roti or even with steamed or jeera rice.
shahi paneer recipe | restaurant style shahi paneer recipe | how to make shahi paneer recipe with detailed pics and video recipe. shahi means royal, and so is this curry. a very rich paneer based vegetable with onion-tomato gravy and cashew-nut with cooking cream paste. paneer recipes as generally loved by all and its easy to cook as well. this is a perfect curry recipe for parties, dinners or for some special occasions and this recipe comes with its own bunch of calories, but every single bite is worth it.
you will always find this recipe on the menu of the north indian restaurant across the world. you will be surprised to know that this curry is loved by everyone around the world. it is very simple and easy to make. if you want you can add matar, to make shahi paneer matar in the same gravy. the flavour of lightly sautéed spices gives an extra aroma and nice flavour to the vegetable.
finally, i would request you to check out my other indian curries recipe, particularly paneer lababdar recipe, spicy methi matar malai recipe, restaurant style dum aloo recipe and paneer butter masala recipe. you can even check out side dish recipe to serve along with the curries, tandoori roti and garlic naan.
shahi paneer recipe | restaurant style shahi paneer video recipe:
shahi paneer recipe | restaurant style shahi paneer recipe card:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 bay leaf (hindi: tej patta, gujarati: tamal patra)
- 1 black cardamom (hindi: badi elaichi, gujarati: elcho)
- 1 cinnamon stick (hindi: dal chini, gujarati: taj)
- 3 cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 medium sized onion, finely grated
- 1 tbsp garlic-chilli-ginger paste
- 2 big tomatoes, grated
- ¾ tsp red chilli paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¾ tsp coriander powder (hindi: dhania powder, gujarati: dhana-jeeru)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp cashew nut - cream paste (6 cashew nuts + 2 tbsp cream)
- ¼ cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 cup diced paneer
- 1tsp sugar (optional)
- heat the oil and ghee in a non-stick pan.
- add bay leaf, black cardamom, cinnamon stick and cardamom.
- now add grated onions, garlic - ginger - chili paste and and saute for 2 minutes.
- add grated tomatoes and cook until they are soft and tender.
- now add all dry spices; red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, tomato ketchup and cook for 2 minutes.
- then add kasuri methi, cashew nut - cream paste, water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- finally add salt, diced paneer, sugar and cook for 2 mins.
- shahi paneer is ready to serve with garlic naan or tandoori roti.
- cashew nuts and cream paste will make the gravy rich and creamy.
- adding sugar is optional but it will help to balance the sourness of the tomatoes.
- if you want you can fry the paneer before adding to the curry.
- grating onions and tomatoes will help to fasten the cooking process.
- shahi paneer is a mild spicy curry, however, you can adjust add more chilli powder if you desire.
shahi paneer recipe | restaurant style shahi paneer with step by step photo recipe:
- heat a non-stick pan and add oil and ghee.
2. add black cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamoms and let it sputter.
3. now add grated onions and ginger-chilli-garlic paste.
4. let the onions and paste cook for 2 minutes.
5. now add grated tomatoes and cook till they turn soft and tender.
6. then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and tomato ketchup.
7. now let all the masala get cooked properly for 2 minutes.
8. add kasuri methi and cashew-nuts cream paste.
9. now add little water to adjust the consistency.
10. let everything cook for 2 more minutes.
11. add salt to taste.
12. add diced paneer and mix well
13. add sugar. it is optional but adding sugar will help to adjust sourness of tomatoes.
14. now cook for 2-3 minutes.
15. shahi paneer is ready to serve hot with steamed rice, roti or naan.