methi matar paneer paratha recipe | how to make methi matar paneer paratha with step by step photos and video recipe. methi matar paneer paratha goes well with masala curd or pickle or even with green chutney.
methi matar paneer paratha recipe | how to make methi matar paneer paratha with step by step photo and video recipe. the bitter taste of methi goes extremely well with the sweetness of green peas, and the addition of paneer gives very nice flavour to the dish. i am a big time methi / fenugreek fan as i love all the dishes in which methi is added.
at times it becomes difficult to make kids eat methi, so i try to tweak the recipe and make it in a form which kids will also like. so instead of regular veg methi matar malai recipe i tried to make it in a form of paratha. paratha can be served as breakfast, dinner or even can be used as tiffin treat for everyone.
methi matar paratha are mild in taste but you can always adjust the spice level according to your taste. you can replace paneer with processed cheese if you like, as combination of methi and cheese tastes delicious as well.
lastly, if you are looking for more methi recipes, you can check out my other related posts, spicy methi matar malai recipe and methi bajri vada recipe. you can even check my other breakfast recipes, particularly no bake cranberry peanut bars recipe.
methi matar paneer paratha recipe | how to make methi matar paneer paratha video recipe:
methi matar paneer paratha recipe | how to make methi matar paneer paratha recipe card:
- Serves: 5
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 354
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Unsaturated fat: 0
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 107mg
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp semolina (rava)
- 2 tsp fresh cream / malai
- salt to taste
- water as required
- 1 tsp oil to grease the dough
- 3 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup green peas, roughly crushed
- 1 cup methi leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chat masala
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts powder
- 2 tbsp milk powder / fresh cream / malai
- ½ cup grated paneer
- take all purpose flour and wheat flour in a bowl.
- add semolina in it.
- now add fresh cream and salt to the flour mixture.
- mix well.
- now add water as required to make soft dough.
- grease the dough with little oil.
- at last, cover the dough and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and let it sputter.
- now add green chillies and chopped onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- then add green peas and methi leaves to it.
- then add salt to taste, garam masala, chat masala and mix well.
- now add milk powder, mix and turn off the flame.
- bring the mixture to a room temperature and finally add grated paneer and mix well.
- take the dough and divide it into 5 equal parts.
- take one dough ball, dust with dry flour and roll into a small puri.
- now fill in one heaped tablespoon of prepared stuffing in it.
- then bring the edges together and press into the centre.
- further, dust it with little dry flour.
- then roll the paratha lightly to make desired size paratha.
- place paratha on a heated tawa.
- apply little oil and cook both the sides till light golden.
- serve hot with masala curd or green chutney.
- replacing cheese with paneer will also give nice taste to the parathas.
- you can adjust spice level according to your taste.
methi matar paneer paratha recipe | how to make methi matar paneer paratha recipe with step by step photo recipe:
take all purpose flour, wheat flour and semolina in a bowl.
2. now add fresh cream and salt to taste.
3. mix well.
4. add water as required to make soft dough.
5. grease the dough with little oil.
6. cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let it sputter.
2. now add chopped green chillies and onions to the pan and saute onions till they become translucent.
3. now add crushed green peas and finely chopped methi.
4. then add salt to taste, garam masala, chat masala.
5. mix everything well and cook for a minute.
6. then add cashew nuts powder and milk powder.
7. mix well.
8. transfer the stuffing in a bowl and bring it to a room temperature.
9. now add grated paneer to it.
for methi matar paneer paratha:
- divide the dough into 5 equal parts.
2. take one dough ball, flatten it, dust with little dry flour and roll it into a small puri.
3. then fill in a heaped tablespoon of stuffing.
4. now bring together edges and press it in the centre.
5. make it flat, dust with dry flour and roll into a paratha.
6. place the paratha on a heated tawa.
7. apply oil and cook on both the sides till golden brown in colour.
8. serve methi matar paneer paratha hot with masala curd, pickle or green chutney.