jamun kala khatta recipe | jamun cooler recipe | jamun mocktail recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. a very healthy and refreshing drink to beat the heat this summer.
jamun kala khatta recipe | jamun cooler recipe | jamun mocktail with step by step photo and video recipe. jamun is also known as kala jamun or indian black plum or java plum. this drink is made using this healthy fruit with some added spices and sprite drink.
i have very nice memories associated with kala jamun. there is still jamun tree at one of my very best friend, and i remember of eating fresh jamun sitting on the swings almost everyday in season. the fruit that particular tree bears are so sweet and juicy that literally i used to wait to have jamuns. i seriously miss all these small small things, especially while residing outside india. it happened that, as usual we went for grocery shopping at indian shop and the uncle told me that there’s nice fresh stock of frozen kala jamun, singada, raw mangoes and ber coming in next week. and i got so excited and went back to get all those fruits which are rare to find here.
after getting 2 packs of jamun, i thought of trying this jamun kala khatta which my friend’s mom used to make for us. so i called her up and asked for the recipe. and was so eager to try it myself as i love kala jamun and these particular kala khatta as well. so here i am sharing this healthy recipe with you. hope you all try it. as we all are aware that kala jamun are not only yummy but has got many health benefits. it is considered to be a diabetic friendly fruit as well.
at last i would like you to have a look at my other beverage recipes, in particular, berry melon punch recipe, pina colada recipe and panakam recipe. also check out my collection of sandwich recipes, diabetic recipes and starters recipes.
jamun kala khatta recipe | jamun cooler recipe | jamun mocktail video recipe:
jamun kala khatta recipe | jamun cooler recipe | jamun mocktail recipe card:
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 68
- Carbohydrates: 0.5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 28mg
- Fiber: 1g
- 1 cup jamun, seedless (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp rock salt or as per taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups chilled club soda or sprite or plain water
- few mint leaves
- lemon rings
- grind it nicely to make a smooth paste.
- place lemon rings at the bottom of the glass.
- add 4 tbsp prepared jamun crush over it.
- finally top it up with chilled club soda, sprite or water.
- garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
- add and adjust spices according to your taste.
jamun kala khatta recipe | jamun cooler recipe | jamun mocktail with step by step photo recipe:
- first of all, take jamun, rock salt, black pepper, roasted cumin seeds powder and lemon juice in a mixer jar.
2. grind it nicely to make a smooth paste.
3. transfer the jamun pulp in a bowl.
4. place lemon ring in the serving glass.
5. and then add few chopped mint leaves at the bottom of the glass.
6. now add 2 tbsp sugar syrup
7. and give a nice shake.
8. then add 2 tbsp prepared jamun crush over it.
9. give the mixture a quick stir.
10. finally top it up with chilled club soda, sprite or water.
11. serve the refreshing jamun kala khatta drink chilled.