garlic naan on tawa recipe | butter garlic naan recipe | yeast free garlic naan recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. i have prepared garlic naan without using yeast and it is cooked on tawa.
garlic naan recipe prepared on tawa without using yeast and garlic butter naan recipe. to help you prepare recipe easily without any difficulty, i have shared this recipe with video and step by step detailed photos. in restaurants or dhabas, naan or tandoori roti are prepared in clay tandoor. but at home its not possible to set up tandoor so i have prepared restaurant style garlic naan recipe on stove top using tawa. moreover, i have not used yeast as many people do not prefer to use yeast in their meals.
naan was introduced in india during the mogul era as traditionally naan belongs to the persian vocabulary which means bread. in restaurants and dhabas, garlic naan is prepared using plain flour, yeast and curd but as i mentioned earlier so many people do not prefer using yeast so these days garlic naan is prepared using baking powder and baking soda.
using milk while preparing the flour makes the roti extra soft. You can even add kalonji to the garlic butter mixture for giving an extra punch to the naan. here I have prepared garlic naan using maida, but to make a healthier version you can use 50:50 proportion of all purpose flour and wheat flour.
There are few more roti recipes which I have posted in my blog, so I would suggest you to check my recipe of tandoori roti. and this roti tastes great with indian curries, especially, shahi paneer, corn capsicum masala and paneer lababdar.
garlic naan on tawa recipe | yeast free garlic naan video recipe:
garlic naan on tawa recipe | yeast free garlic naan recipe card:
- for garlic butter paste:
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely grated
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds / black til , optional
- for garlic naan:
- 2 cups maida
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ghee
- warm milk as required (i used almost 180 ml)
- 1 tsp oil to coat the dough
- in a small bowl, mix all the ingredients well and keep aside.
- for garlic naan:
- in a mixing bowl, add maida, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix well.
- now add ghee to the dry mixture.
- then add warm milk as required and prepare soft dough.
- coat the dough with oil and knead for 10 minutes.
- now cover the dough in a damp / wet cloth and let it rest for 2-3 hours.
- quickly knead the dough.
- then divide the dough into 5 equal parts.
- tuck the dough balls well.
- now roll the naan using dry flour and try to give an oval shape.
- apply water generously on one side of the naan and stick it to a very hot tawa.
- apply garlic butter paste on the naan generously.
- once the bubbles start to develop, flip the tawa directly on the flame.
- keep rotating the tawa so the naan does not burn.
- apply some more butter and serve hot garlic naan with the curry or daal of your choice.
- adding black sesame seeds is optional, instead you can use kalonji.
- apply water generously to the naan so it gets stick to the tawa and helps in getting proper texture.
- you can adjust garlic in the garlic butter paste according to your taste.
- to make perfect restaurant style naan, try to give an oval shape while rolling.
- you can also bake the naan in an oven.
garlic naan on tawa recipe | yeast free garlic naan with step by step photo recipe:
for garlic butter paste:
- in a small bowl, take melted butter and add grated garlic.
2. add coriander leaves and black sesame seeds (optional), mix well and keep aside.
for garlic naan:
- in a mixing bowl, add maida and salt to taste.
2. then add baking soda.
3. now add baking powder.
4. mix all the dry ingredients.
5. add ghee to the dry mixture.
6. then add warm milk as required to make a soft dough.
7. apply oil and knead for 10 minutes.
8. let it rest for 2-3 hours.
9. quickly knead the dough.
10. divide the dough into 5 equal balls.
11. tuck all the dough balls.
12. roll the naan using dry flour.
13. try to roll the naan in an oval shape so it looks like a restaurant style.
14. apply water generously to one side of the roti.
15. stick the roti to the hot tawa.
16. apply garlic butter paste on the naan.
17. once the bubbles start to develop, flip the tawa directly to the flame.
18. rotate the naan to prevent it from getting burnt.
19. apply some more butter.
20. garlic butter naan is ready to serve.