eggless pav recipe | eggless bun recipe | how to make eggless pav recipe with detailed photos and video recipe. why to buy buns or pav from outside when you can make the same soft, spongy pav at home in a hygienic environment. basically, pav are made from maida but here i have used wheat flour as well.
your pav bhaji, vada pav, misal pav are just incomplete without pav. if you follow proper measurement, i am sure you will get the same taste as you get from the vendor. in this recipe, i have used dry active yeast, but yo can use fresh or instant fresh yeast as well. but do keep it in mind that the measurements vary in all three types of yeast which i have mentioned in the recipe below.
here i am sharing recipe of pav using yeast, i will be soon posting eggless pav recipe without yeast and instant quick bun recipe as well. so keep an eye on the blog to get new recipes every time you log in.
there are various different recipes for making eggless pav but this is my version. we do not get indian pav where we stay and we used to crave a lot especially about soft indian pav whilst eating pav bhaji and vada pav. so i tried different methods to make pav but finally i am now happy that after lot of trial and error, i can cook nice feather soft pav just like indian pav.
hence i have stopped buying bread from outside, as now i have got what i want. i hope that my video recipe and step by step photos will help you to get the desired result and make perfect pav. i will soon try and post the eggless pav recipe using cooker so every one can make pav at home.
i would request you to check my other similar recipes like tandoori roti on tawa recipe, garlic naan recipe, puff pastry recipe, pizza recipe. And other indian curries recipes like methi matar malai recipe, shahi paneer recipe and dum aloo recipe.
eggless pav recipe | eggless bun recipe | how to make eggless pav video recipe:
eggless pav recipe | eggless bun recipe | how to make eggless pav recipe card:
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Unsaturated fat: 0
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- 1½ tsp instant dry yeast ( check helpful hints)
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1½ cups maida (175 gms)
- ½ cup wheat flour (75 gms)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- water as required
- 1 tbsp butter
- milk and butter for brushing
- take yeast in the bowl.
- add lukewarm water, sugar and mix well.
- mix well and let ir rest for 10 minutes.
- then add maida over the yeast mixture.
- then add wheat flour, salt and milk powder to it.
- now mix properly and add water as required to make a soft dough.
- then add butter and knead the dough by stretching and folding the dough for almost 15 mins.
- your dough will be now soft, tuck the dough.
- keep the dough in the bowl, cover with cling wrap and put it in a warm place till it doubles in size.
- punch down the dough, but do not knead much now.
- divide the dough into 6 equal balls.
- now grease and dust the baking tray.
- roll the ball lightly between your palms for 2-3 minutes.
- put the balls in the baking tray.
- brush them with milk.
- now cover the baking tray with a clean kitchen cloth and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- brush the pav with milk one more time.
- bake the pav in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or till it turns light brown from the top.
- brush the hot pav with butter once you take out from the oven.
- soft and spongy, delicious eggless pav are ready to serve.
- knead the dough for at least 15 minutes to get the extra soft and spongy pav. the more you knead, the more soft the pav will be.
- you can use milk instead of water to knead the dough, which will make pav super soft and spongy.
- let the dough gets ferment properly; continue the process once the dough doubles the size.
- brush the pav with milk lightly.
- adding sugar will help to ferment the yeast properly, but you can always adjust the sugar level according to your taste.
- fermentation time depends on the season and the type of yeast you are using. keeping the dough in a warm place will help to ferment faster.
- to make the stuff buns, you can add stuffing of your choice while rolling the balls. fill in the stuffing and then roll the ball and keep it in a dusted and greased baking tray to ferment further.
eggless pav recipe | eggless bun recipe | how to make eggless pav step by step photo recipe:
- take a bowl and add yeast to it.
2. now add lukewarm water and sugar to the yeast.
3. mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. then add all purpose flour and wheat flour over the yeast mixture.
5. now add in salt and milk powder to it.
6. mix everything well and water as required to make a soft dough.
7. lastly, add butter to the dough.
8. knead the dough by stretching and folding it for at least 15 minutes to get softer pav.
9. the more you knead, the dough and pav will be softer. tuck the dough.
10. now place it in a bowl and cover with cling wrap.
11. keep in a warm place till it gets double in size.
12. punch down the dough.
13. divide the dough into 6 equal balls and lightly grease and dust the baking tray with dry flour.
14. roll the dough balls lightly for 2-3 minutes.
15. place all the dough balls in the baking tray.
16. brush the dough balls lightly with milk.
17. cover and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes.
18. the size of the dough balls will increase.
19. brush them once again with milk lightly.
20. bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or till it gets light brown in colour.
21. brush the hot pav with butter.
22. soft and spongy eggless pav are ready to serve.