dry garlic chutney recipe | vada pav chutney recipe | garlic chutney for vada pav recipe with step by step pics and video recipe. my husband is from mumbai and he is a big fan of vada pav so i have to make it quite often. so i make vada pav chutney in bulk and store in the fridge in an air tight container. if i don’t have garlic at home, i put this chutney in quite a few vegetables and they become very tasty. so this chutney becomes handy when you are running out of your garlic stock.
your vada pav is just incomplete without this chutney. add little oil and make chutney little runny and you can even have it as a side dish with your roti or paratha, it tastes great. it even goes well with dosa and idli. so preparing this chutney gives you multiple uses. roasting garlic on a low flame until it turns little brown gives a very distinct taste and flavour to this dry garlic chutney.
this recipe is very very common in maharasthra and you will find dry garlic chutney in almost all maharashtrain homes. dry coconut is usually used in this recipe, but instead i have used desiccated coconut as its not easy to get dry coconut here.
i would request you to see my other recipes of chutney for chats; green chutney, garlic tomato chutney, apple dates chutney which you can store for weeks in your deep fridge in an air tight container and can enjoy chats instantly at any time of the day.
you can check other chat related recipes like, ragda patties, sev puri, dahi puri and raj kachori.
dry garlic chutney recipe | vada pav chutney recipe | garlic chutney for vada pav video recipe:
dry garlic chutney recipe | vada pav chutney recipe | garlic chutney for vada pav recipe card:
- Serves: 1 bowl
- Serving size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0
- Unsaturated fat: 0
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 900 mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0
- 2 tsp oil
- 12 garlic pods, chopped into big pieces
- 2 tbsp peanuts (hindi: mung fali, gujarati sing dana)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (hindi: kopra powder, gujarati: kopra nu cheen)
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds (white til)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp amchur powder / dry mango powder
- heat the oil in a pan.
- add chopped garlic and saute until it turns golden brown in colour and keep aside.
- in the same pan add peanuts and roast then properly and add keep aside.
- now in the same pan add desiccated coconut and roast until golden brown.
- transfer in a bowl n keep aside.
- then add white sesame seeds to the pan and roast.
- let all the ingredients cool down.
- then add all this to a mixer jar.
- add salt, red chilli powder and dry mango powder.
- grind to make a coarse chutney.
- roast all other ingredients properly so you can store the chutney for few weeks
- you can store this chutney for almost a month in an air tight container.
- you can adjust spice level according to your taste.
- this chutney tastes great with roti, paratha and even with south indian dishes like idli, dosa.
dry garlic chutney recipe | vada pav chutney recipe | garlic chutney for vada pav detailed photo recipe:
- heat oil in a pan.
2. now add chopped garlic.
3. saute till they turn golden brown and keep aside.
4. add peanuts and roast properly.
5. add desiccated coconut.
6. roast till it turns golden brown in colour.
7. now add white sesame seeds and roast properly.
8. then add all the ingredients in a mixer jar and add salt, red chilli powder and dry mango powder.
9. blend to a coarse chutney and enjoy with vada pav.