bajri na vada recipe | bajra vada recipe | how to make methi bajri na vada video recipe | pearl millet flour fritters recipe with step by step photo recipe. bajri na vada is a traditional gujarati snack recipe which is prepared using bajri flour, wheat flour, methi leaves and some spices.
although vada are deep fried, they are very healthy. as mainly, pearl millet / bajri is insoluble fiber, full of starch and gluten free too. and of course, everyone is aware of health benefits of fenugreek leaves. here in this recipe i have added some wheat flour, but you can skip wheat flour to make gluten free bajri vada. adding jaggery yoghurt paste and then adding it to the flour gives very nice taste to the vada, so i do it that way, you can add jaggery and yoghurt directly without preparing paste.
bajri na vada recipe | bajra vada recipe | how to make methi bajri na vada video recipe | pearl millet flour fritters recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. bajri na vada and cup of hot tea in monsoon rains – a perfect treat one can ask for. bajri vada taste very well plain / masala curd or with mango chunda as well. i love these vada a lot. my mom used to make bajri vada for shitala satam but everyone at my home are so much fond of bajri methi na vada that we often prepare as snacks. vada looks crispy from outside but it has got nice melt in mouth texture.
finally, if you are looking for more methi recipes, i would request you to , spicy methi matar malai recipe, palak methi muthiya recipe and methi matar paneer paratha recipe. you can even check out some more snacks recipe such as cheesy corn croquettes recipe, corn kebab recipe, veg curry buns recipe, punjabi samosa recipe and cheese chilli toast recipe.
bajri na vada recipe | bajra vada recipe | how to make methi bajri na vada video recipe:
bajri na vada recipe | bajra vada recipe | how to make methi bajri na vada recipe card:
- Serves: 40 vadas
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Fiber: 0.3g
- 2 cups bajri flour (pearl millet flour)
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 cup methi leaves, chopped (fenugreek leaves)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic chilli paste (1 inch ginger piece, 2 spicy green chillies, 5 garlic cloves)
- 3 tsp jaggery (gur)
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp oil + oil for frying
- firstly, combine jaggery and yoghurt in a bowl and mix properly.
- keep aside for 10 minutes and let jaggery melt in yoghurt.
- take bajra flour, wheat flour and methi leaves in a mixing bowl.
- now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander power, salt and white sesame seeds.
- add ginger garlic chilli paste and mix well.
- now add prepared jaggery yoghurt paste and oil.
- prepare stiff dough using water.
- now divide the dough into marble sized equal balls.
- make smooth ball and flatten it evenly using your fingers.
- deep fry vada in hot oil on a medium flame till golden brown and crispy.
- serve with hot cup of tea.
- you can make plain bajri vada without adding fenugreek leaves too, you might need to add more water if you are not using fenugreek leaves.
- vadas can be eaten with a glass of hot tea, plain/masala curd or mango chunda.
- using little sour yoghurt will make vada taste better.
- finally, you can adjust the spice level according to your taste.
bajri na vada recipe | bajra vada recipe | how to make methi bajri na vada with step by step photo recipe:
- first of all, mix jaggery and yoghurt in a bowl and keep aside.
2. in a mixing bowl, take bajri flour and wheat flour.
3. then add chopped methi, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
4. now add white sesame seeds and ginger garlic chilli paste.
5. mix well.
6. then add prepared jaggery yoghurt paste and oil.
7. prepare stiff dough using water as required.
8. divide the dough into marble sized balls.
9. make the balls smooth and flatten evenly using fingers.
10. deep fry in hot oil till crispy and golden brown.
11. vada ready to serve with a cup of tea.